Saturday, March 1, 2008

"The train wreck you can't look away from."

There has been a great deal of discussion about the contents of this blog. One individual complimented my site and my research, but likened it to "A train wreck that you can't look away from." He is experiencing the same response that I did when I discovered "The CRM Dilemma."

Once I discovered the existence of the CRM Dilemma, I knew the CRM implementation I was leading, would fail. Not because we were focusing on activity controls, but because we weren't focusing on removing all activity controls. At that moment, I knew I was looking at an impending train wreck, unless I could explain the CRM Dilemma so convincingly, that we would change the focus of our implementation. It didn't work! Thus the warning I provide about the danger of presenting "The CRM Dilemma" too early.

I have told friends that the moment I finished the presentation of my research, I knew I was finished.

If you believe this research, it becomes very difficult to look at an impending CRM implementation the same way. If "The CRM Dilemma" really is the answer to the CRM failure question, it means that I am a genius, that has discovered that which we really didn't want to know in the first place.

My discovery means that the CRM failure rate for sales reps could be far higher than has ever been reported.

I really look forward to implementing a PACT solution to prove or disprove the value I believe it can bring to a company. I know that removing activity controls from the equation, resolves the CRM Dilemma.

I continue to be amazed how many people are visiting this blog and I thank you for your emails. Please continue to share this blog with your collegues.

Best Regards
Arne Huse

No comments: